mercredi 16 novembre 2022

I AM GLAD I HAVE MIAMI IN BETWEEN MY TRAVELS .. always grateful to the NATIVE INDIANS

 I just arrived back in Miami from South East Asia .. the drastic change (food and people ) is softened by the fact that Miami is as tropical spot, one of the few in the USA ..


Each morning I sit at the patio of the house where i stay in Miami and the tropical skies put on a show, each day slightly different than the other 

It is truly a pleasure to watch the sunshine slowly spreading over the earth and the plants and birds in front of you . 

I am very disconnected from the way of life or people in Miami and the USA but i am well connected with the Indigenous people with whom I work during my stays here .

I prepare myself leisurely to join them where they live and always it is a pleasure .


I always remember my earlier Indian teachers, Pat "Dr" Brown of the Meskwakia, Pierre Merrick of the UmonHon and my Kickapoo sister Mena and her relatives, two spiritual leaders of the Mexican Kickapoo, Annico and Cha Ko Ka.

Dr Brown said to me on my first visit to her tribe: regardless of who is sitting in front of you, show them RESPECT . Just yesterday, a young Indian patient complained that the American doctors and nurses do not show any respect for them and throw  the laboratory tests at them in an accusatory manner.

After these many years, respect for Indians comes naturally to me. 



Over the years the Native people of this Turtle Island has taught me humility, gratefulness and how to shed false pride and in general I am a better person from this contact


The greatest gift during my professional life in the USA has been The Indians ..

This morning I received a message from a small Indian village along the Amazon River a couple of hours away from the small colombian town of Leticia 

Me envio mensaje diciendo que cuando me comunique contigo  que te digera, que estas autorizado para  entrar a comunidad sin ningun problema. Bueno tengas buen dia.

The small community of Ticuna at the village of Nazaret has sent their welcome. They will see this doctor very soon...

I have not been there since 2019 , three years to be exact because of the Pandemic. Very few Ticuna lost their lives to the Virus as they had the forest surrounding them to heal them.



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...