mardi 2 août 2022

THE WOODCARVER OF MARRAKECH A BERBER FRIEND OF ISRAEL, IN FACT MOST BERBERS SEEM TO LIKE ISRAEL AND JEWS

Berbers are good at wood carving and the above plaque caught my attention as I was wandering around the narrow streets near Riad58Blu. I walked in and the old man spoke very good french (better than mine) and we had a nice chat. The above woodwork which may be a hundred years old might end up in Mashhad in Iran.
 
I will meet Le petite poête de Côte Sauvage at the end of next month and also this was an occasion to introduce this artisan to the Hebrew alphabet. He worked non stop and by the time I returned from my foray into the early night at Djema al fina, the plaque was ready.

Marrakech is unbearably hot in Summer and if you do get there before I do in November, please stop by and say Hello 



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...