mercredi 27 avril 2022

THE BARBER OF MIAMI

 I had just arrived in Miami after a long trip from Cochin in Kerala India via Singapore and the long non stop flight from Singapore to New York and then on to Miami. My brother Youssef suggested that I get a hair cut and he called his favourite barber, Zaid, from Lebanon who has been cutting hair in Miami for decades. 

He was able to get me a slot and I gladly went , driven there by Youssef who was looking forward to a trim as well.

Zaid is very adamant in his opinions and he does not hide them. He looked mellow perhaps the month of fasting has done him some good, but has not taken his slicing edge. After a colada from the nearby Chilean resto, we traded barbs, as is our custom when we meet .

What are palestinians but a bunch of railway workers from the desert who came to build Hijaz railway and decided to stay, I chided him to which his reply was, Quran says that there would be no more Israel after the year 2023.. we accept each others assessment of historical realities 


It was a pleasant experience with this competent barber of Miami. 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...