samedi 11 septembre 2021

REMEMBERING SEPTEMBER 11TH.. THE STAB THAT BEGAN AS A TRICKLE NOW FLOODS THE RIVERS OF HATRED IN THIS WORLD


Saturday, September 11, 2021

Miami

Remembering the Terrorist Event 20 years ago in which we all lost so much: mainly an innocence. It was a pivotal moment for those with connections with USA.

20 years later we are once again in a setting of isolation, this time more individual than collective, this time more physical than emotional, this time No religious group is involved or targeted.

20 years ago there was an Unity 

Not only in the USA but also around the world 

Now, not only countries are divided from one another, China from India, Hungary from Poland, Belarus from Lithuania, Hong Kong is but a memory but within the countries the division is as deep as the rivers of the arctic which were recently revealed under the submerged ice age glaciations. Brasil, USA, Australia come to mind but I think if you analyze each country, I don’t think there is any that can be called cohesive, but only fall into the Just Okay category. 

Humanistic sympathy which prevailed the aftermath of the tragedy now has categorized people into so many divisions that we may soon have only a Left-wing dictatorship or a Right-wing dictatorship to choose from, all in the name of progress.


In this last year of this isolation which has affected every single one of us, I was able to observe the depth of sadness and depression that exists in this world. I try to alleviate it a drop knowing that each drop is important in this vast ocean.


USA changed irrevocably in 2001, suspicion of the OTHER was emphasized and now twenty years later it has become the path of no return: the other has become any one who does not believe in a selfish, destructive, conservative ideology. 20 years ago it was United States of America, now it is Dis-United States of America. 

Countries close to my heart are all either dictatorial control or lacking in democracy: Iran, Cuba, Myanmar, Malaysia, Cambodia but I have had the privilege of living in countries where I could breathe freedom: France, England, Belgium, Australia, USA, Sweden

I have always struggled with the concept of Freedom. Freedom without the consciousness of the Other is not freedom but tyranny. Obviously in the countries which are close to my heart, there are elements which satisfy my emotions. How I enjoyed being associated with Myanmar! The underlying element is always the sweetness of the people or as you can call the people who live in Cuba, less polluted by the greed of capitalism. Iran where I have many friends whom I cannot visit, I still can see in each one of them the shining lights of their glorious past, my interest being in the classical Persian literature.

Intellect with access to education, Health with access to universal health care, curiosity about the world with access to travel, freedom from the oppression of any religion or caste or creed. Belief in God will not save you if you are not a Good Samaritan here on earth. This is my wish for all the people of this world, those living comfortable lives (when they talk about comfortable, they usually mean, reasonably good wages that they can flash and splash ), security about their lives and the lives of other people (whether the street violence of Caracas, San Pedro Sula or Rio de Janeiro) or the oppression by the State players, dictators like Assad or nincompoops like the Lebanese leaders.


What would I like to do on a day like this?

Take the boat from the Amazonian town of Leticia, upstream to Nazareth, the village of the Ticuna Indians where in their one room clinic, I can meet and offer assistance (health problems and planning for good health).

And to know that there are many places in the world like that where I am welcome.


PS. I have to remember also a personal Loss which was to become a symptom of the sickness of the western mind. A very close friend of mine, under the influence of his Arab lover, called me to say that Jews are to blame for the Terrorist attacks.  Anti semitism has been played well to unite the hatreds among Blacks, Browns as well as Whites in the USA towards this constructed enemy of theirs and also in the  other richer part of this globe. 

You cannot expect me to be a friend of an anti-semite.



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...