dimanche 5 septembre 2021

JEWISH NEW YEAR 5782 WITH ALL LOVED ONES IN THE HEART .. FROM MIAMI WITH LOVE

The Jewish New Year has already begun for me. Second year in a row, that there would be no communal get together. 
So be with the people who mean friendship over a period of time.. lucky to be able to do that in Miami.
Dr M and Mrs G
The Samos brought back memories of Durban and Jo'burg and Cape Town.. the country of birth of Mrs G.
So let the new year begin with tantalizing taste, a little bit exotic..
Dr M poured a nice drop of the wine.. soft and not too harsh on the stomach. May this year be blessed with plenty of wine to drink.
AND MOST OF ALL FRIENDSHIP. we were chatting at their home, then a short drive, but pleasant scenery, to a restaurant outdoors with good service and delicious food.
The Year has begun well.
when we came back to their home, we were sitting and chatting until 1 am, a record 9 hours of schmooze as we like to call it.. conversation touching on all humanistic aspects of life.. proud of our liberal tradition and our abhorence to all forms of extremism.



slow drive along the coastal roads with small townships with spanish memories, now completely anglicized, some still holding on to the charm of the pre-tourist days, the others embracing the tourists with abandon, with modern cuisine, bars, music, fusion of all sorts and a general air of enjoyment.


Dr M had chosen an open air restaurant , he was greeted warmly by the staff and thus I got more than my share of friendliness from the staff. 


Dr M having eaten there many times made excellent recommendations.
I liked this dish: Crispy Eggplant, goat cheese, orange and calabrian chili
I got the honour of choosing the wine. a sauvignon from Loire to pay homage to my association to that land 


We had gone to bed after 9 hours of conversations and in the morning , in no hurry, we ate some smoked salmon ..May this year be a year of eating a lot of fish..

My friends in Cuba are always close to my heart and I received greetings from them not for the Jewish New year but for them every day is a good day..
The morning was gorgeous and i was able to sit alone observing the clouds and feel the air and the warmth.

Just as I said good bye to Dr and Mrs MG, a message came from my clinical associate about an Indian patient I was concerned about. I had to convey to him on this sunday morning the good news about his health and he said. You made my day.
So the Jewish New Year has begun with Healing ..

My destination was the beach house of Mr and Mrs JS and as soon as I entered the house, they said that I must stay the night. A welcome invitation indeed.

Another greeting from Cuba wishing a good day. I am concerned very much about my island and the difficult times they are going through..

As the New Year begins I join the 15 million Jews in this world in welcoming the year and as the greetings below says..

LET THERE BE PEACE LOVE AND HEALTH TO ALL THE PEOPLE

Malaysia. Kerala. Iran.

To people who sacrificed their time during the past year of covid isolation. Thank you, MA.

There are some special people who I have to thank, really they dont need to be thanked as they are always in my heart .

Sr Carlos, he is my travelling friend, fond of linen suits, sunglasses and panama hats

Le petite poete de la Côte Sauvage



To my two good christian friends from Cochin, RN and MM. thank you and may you share my hope for a wonderful year of less suffering. Perhaps we can meet soon in your wonderful coastal land.

Many people kept up correspondence during these long months of isolation

Thailand

Cambodia 

Malaysia 

Kerala 

Qatar

Israel

Iran 

Colombia

Mexico

Cuba

Brasil

My Indian relatives and patients 


So the Jewish New Year has begun for me, it has begun well and I want TODOS OS POVOS all the people to enjoy the peace and happiness of the New year..


L SHANAH TOVA TIKKETEVU  5782



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...