samedi 27 mars 2021

CELEBRATION OF PESACH DURING COVID

 We are a people of very long memory.

We were slaves in Egypt in the 13th Century BCE.

3300 years ago.


Jews/Israelites as slaves to the Pharoah of Egypt. Painting by Edward Poyntor 1867.

3300 years ago we were able to flee from the tyranny of Egyptian rulers.

Each year , 15th day of the Hebrew Lunar Calendar month of Nisan, the jewish people celebrate the liberation from Slavery. 


we are free..

But are those close to my heart 

IRAN

MYANMAR 

I can think of so many ... millions


For the second year in a row, I am all alone in Miami. No seder or the ritual order of asking questions and drinking wine and eating.

I have been some unusual places on a night like this :

Rhodes, Greece 

Siem Reap, Cambodia where no one knew anything about Pesach

Baracoa, Cuba where getting the ingredients especially the wine was difficult and I made a great friend who helped me get it, Dr. Jesus Alvarez.

Cochin, India with long reading of the Haggadah 


L shanah haba ah bi yerushalayim
we end the ritual with this plea
Next Year in Jerusalem..
But I cannot wait until next year..

Once I finish writing this blog I am going to book a flight to Tel Aviv, realistically in July 2021.

Wishing all those celebrating this special day all around the world, our hearts are united, our futures are united ..If we can remember fervently what happened 3300 years ago, we will make sure that 3300 years lay ahead for our people, but this time in Freedom
Am Israel Chai..



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...