lundi 22 février 2021

ALTA GRACIA. THANKS FOR THE FEELINGS OF LOVE

Every Monday morning, the music streaming service, selects algorithmically based on my past listening habits, songs which are new to me and it is a pleasure to discover International Singers old and new and today this song just hit me at the right spot in my heart.




Remember the days we used to share

Remember the time when I was there I believed every single word you said Just like a child I lost my head I didn't care if it was day or night I just wanted to have you by my side The moon went up, the sun went down But you were still around Alta gracia, my love Alta gracia, my love Alta gracia, my love Alta gracia, my love Remember how we spent the night How we kissed and held each other tight Everything was like a beautiful dream You were the sweetest woman I've ever seen How could I know our love wouldn't stand a chance? I had to go and end this wonderful romance Now I'm so sad and blue, here without you, what can I do? I used to love her from the bottom of my heart Didn't realize that time was slippin' by Now we're living oh so far apart I give grace for the days that I held her by my side By my side

The name of the singer 

Oscar Harris 

Never heard this name before

he had a slight accent in his songs

Imagine my surprise when I found out that 

he is SURINAMESE who was popular in Holland in 1970s and 1980s.


The mind begins to racy and scans the emotional landscape, where was that? when was that? who was that? and the song Willie Nelson sang when we were junior doctors in Melbourne? I wonder who is kissing her now ..

It is not nostalgia but a wonderful feeling rising up in your heart. 

saudade? No i have not lost anything. In fact I have so much to look forward to in the coming months when my wanderers heart meu coracao vagabundo would be on the road again ..


and?





featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...