vendredi 22 janvier 2021

NEVER BEFORE HAVE I FELT THIS IMPOTENT ABOUT INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL

 It was March 18, 2020 and I had packed my bags and ready to go to the airport to leave the USA. My sister and her husband begged me to cancel the trip or at least postpone the trip in view of the ever increasing public health menace of the Covid 19.

Today is January 22, 2021, ten months later I am still marooned in Miami. Very grateful for the hospitality and generosity shown me and the fact that I could continue to work in the project in Miami that I was engaged in.

I honestly thought that by July or september the international travel would come back to normal. i was eagerly digesting all reports about this new virus from all parts of the world and one by one, the favoured countries for me to travel to, closed their doors and none of them have opened them again.

I normally do not travel for holidays but there is some purpose to my travels, so the popular beach resorts (Cancun, Vina del Mar, Varadero are not on the screen). Lovely islands which have been very strict with their quarantine regulations and welcoming visitors such as Cayman Islands, Saint Martin or Seychelles are not in my travel radar.

I felt guilty not to be visiting the village up the river from Leticia in Colombian Amazon. My american Indian relatives had planned to come with me for us to run a Wound Clinic in Rapa Nui. France began appealing more and more to the heart. It was painful to think that i cannot return to Israel anytime soon? (they are planning 10 non stop flights per DAY to Tel Aviv from New York when things open up). Qatar and Oman are closed. So are India, Malaysia, Cambodia 

Each day I plan a trip to Sao Paolo . as of January 26th, i would need to show a PCR negative test (even though I am fully vaccinated ). Each day Quiberon and Bruxelles are in my heart.


The year 2019 may have astrologically known what a bad year it would be 2020 for travel. I had an extremely good year of travel in 2019

Cuba/USA

Colombia/Brasil

Rapa Nui

Buenos Aires

Quiberon 

Austria/Slovenia/Italy.  The alps

Spain

Portugal 

India 

Sri Lanka 

Malaysia 

Cambodia

Thailand 

Qatar

Oman

Most of the places were visited more than once...


Last night, my american indian family called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Puerto Rico as they need a vacation. I certainly would find a clinic to work in while they are at the beach?

I do not feel sad that I cannot travel this year and I have the opportunity of being of service to more people albeit grounded in one place.


So many things to be grateful for .

Will continue my travels as it becomes feasible

Plan is  Colombia/Brasil/Buenos Aires/Rapa Nui/Portugal/Spain/France/Israel/Qatar/India/Malaysia/

Cambodia 


 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...