dimanche 24 janvier 2021

END OF AN ERA... WE HAD A GOOD TIME, DIDNT WE?

 It has been a long haul..

long stretched out dinners full conversations late into the night..

catching up on the news of your dear friends..

spontaneously running into faces familiar to you from another time or country

life had to be planned. no meeting people you do not know, giving them a wide birth.

No more airports. Airline Lounges. Upgrades. overnight flights to other climes. I do miss Qatar Airways..

Thank God to the group of American Indians (indigenous) that I work with, I completed the two shots vaccine against Covid 19. 

Dusted out my old websites: Flyertalk Premium Fare deals...

but not a single country that I want to visit or  would enjoy visiting, was open or free to travel or downright dangerous with an excessive caseload of the virus.


So when my best friend called and suggested that we meet at an open air restaurant, it was time for celebration.

Felt so good to repeat the rituals of many years, greeting the maitre d', chatting with this or that person and be seated at a table away from others (safe distance) under the clear Florida skies and Royal Palm trees 

The sense of liberation was immense 

It had been a long time ..

It was a delightful evening.

Friendship is very important..

and the meal was delicious too..

The last get together with friends was in La Habana, Cuba. Since March 2020, gathering such as these (here in my house in Havana) has not been encouraged


It seems such a long time ago that my Mexican professional friends came to visit me in Cuba and this photo taken at the Hotel Nacional . it was just one year ago.







I had ordered Ñoquis, thinking of those distant days in the Porteno City. 

It was a delightful three hours before we finished our late lunch, we could have stayed on .


I told my friends about the custom of eating Ñoquis in BA. They were intrigued

Why Do Argentines Eat Gnocchi on the 29th of Every Month?

I found this at
https://www.thebubble.com/gnocchi-argentina-pasta
by an anthropologist, Stefanie Suarez.

San Cristobal de la Habana which usually is a moveable city for me is under complete lockdown. Why don't we meet at an Argentine Resto in Miami on 29th, my friends suggested.

So, the next outing for a longer conversation would be on the 29th January at a still unnamed Argentine Resto (but still outdoors) in Miami ..


the title End of an Era meaning my social isolation is coming to an end by Michele Gurevich, a Canadian singer (who is very popular in Eastern Europe, she lives in Amsterdam)


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...