samedi 30 janvier 2021

A GOODBYE IN JANUARY OR IS IT A GOODBYE TO JANUARY 2021



 Arcadia, Florida does not seem an appropriate place to say GOOD BYEs..there is a whisper of the gentle southern charm in the air, moss hanging fro trees, no longer do you see plants and trees that remind you of the langour of the tropics..

It is a good time , perhaps not the right place, to say good bye.

The first month of the newly minted freshly awaited year is ending. With it also ending certain expectant visions towards the southern part of this hemisphere. 

Thank you January, you gave me the Covid 19 vaccinations. Last January, I was in Indian and Oman and Cuba.. this month my travels have been within the state of Florida and the rest are all dreams 

Yesterday was 29th of the month, I fondly remembered the Noquis day in Buenos Aires and insisted that my hosts prepare Noquis. It was delicious.


Today was an introduction to AMERICA, a country I know only superficially despite coming here often over the course of 20 years. I was at a town called Port Charlotte, where I stopped at the Pharmacy to thank the pharmacist who had done a favour to a friend, stopped at the well organized and well organized supermarket to buy some good quality meat for a friend who works at the Everglades National Park.

I felt grateful to be in this land of plenty and have access to the food. I thought of those suffering from the lack of food during this pandemic.

It was nice to discover that in Port Charlotte there is a community of Germans who spend their winters here, Canadians also come here and the place is full of Retired people and their doctors. Few German Restaurants and smell of german food add to the cacophony of europeans, imported and local. 

Charlotte Harbor was named after the British Queen Charlotte by surveyor, Bernard Romans during a 1774 visit.



amidst all this beauty and excitement of discovery, I had to say Goodbye to an affection to Bauru in Brasil and pry myself off that attachment.

It is easier to depart now because so many little pleasures in life has departed in the last year of isolation.

But remind ourselves of the gratefulness we owe the Universe for all fo us being well and alive, eating healthy, avoiding doctors and psychiatrists despite being emotionally and psychologically affected by this unnatural lifestyle.

Tomorrow morning the sun will rise to warm the earth, and it will also warm my heart if there is any coldness of sadness left behind by the departures of and in January.


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...