dimanche 11 août 2019

WHERE IN THE BRAIN ARE THE LONGINGS STORED?

The morning was rather tender, the sun never shone so horridly that one takes refuge, and the day slipped into the afternoon, the tropics which are like hammocks for lovers (Nin) sets forth its languorous afternoon tune, from somewhere or other arrives the downpour, the blue of the sky turned grey.
My first day in Miami and as always thinking of things tender, usually far away
these moments mind turns to longings, not for a person but something much bigger, a sensation, I wonder where in the brain are these sensations stored.
and of course there are triggers
like listening to the music that I have selected and stored in my phone.
What beautiful music (thank you Internet, thank you Youtube and thank you, Iran)
Listening to the above song, I began to think about Iran, a country that I deeply admire, but only from afar as it is a destination prohibited for me as long as the current theocratic regime is in place. It is my choice but it is too risky to travel to Iran at this moment in time.
I thought of all the beautiful iranian people that I had written to, that I have met and especially to NM who had introduced me to Ahmad Shamloo, Jafar Panahi and Nafisi..

why are these wonderful people destined to suffer like this? the most educated and sophisticated of all Islamic peoples, perhaps throughout its history since dispersion from Spain or the ancient Mesopotamia, why these people have to suffer.

I think of you, my dear friends, and as helpless as I am to be any assistance, my heart and mind is with you.

The afternoon is slowly progressing, the trees have put on new green clean clothes and the sky is beginning to be bright again.

I look forward to a nice dinner tonight with my closest friends in Miami.
In homage to my Iranian friends, I would try to dress as much Iranian as possible, and eschew all western clothes and of course wear the silk scarf sewn together by the indigenous people of India..a country that carry a considerable legacy of IRAN.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...