samedi 5 novembre 2011

Sad to Leave my Lakota friends at Eagle Butte, South Dakota

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe was one of the first tribes that I had encountered when I ventured into the Indian country as a newly minted Endocrinologist.This past week I was with them and when I left them yesterday, I had trouble controlling my tears. so sweet and gentle these people, so caring and welcoming..
Since I met them, I had met many many other groups of Indigenous Peoples all around the world, but the welcome afforded me this past week in Eagle Butte would stay in my mind ... till I return again. I pray to the Spirits to bring the favourable winds for my return. Also let each and every one of my friends know that I am thinking of them...

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...