lundi 20 avril 2009

To Myanmar With Love



To Myanmar with Love: A Travel Guide for the Connoisseur
from Things Asian Press in Bangkok will be published this month.. I have two stories in it
The Hat Sellers of Chaungtha Beach.. and you see me pictured with them when they came to visit me in Yangon..
The Watchman of Yangon..


this is Vasu, the Watchman of Yangon..A Tamoul with no memory of Tamilnadou .. completely Burmese.. a fantastic lesson in Integration.. Hope you have a chance to read this book of travelogues by travellers.
On 8th May 2009, I will be on that MH flight from KLIA to Mingaladon Airport, at one time the busiest airport in South East Asia.. now just a few flights a day...I already have my visa issued at the Myanmar Embassy in Paris..
This will be a short visit, just until 11th May 2009. Let us see how this visit turns out to be.. I am just so eager to be there.. I have been there quite a few times.. Burma of my father and Myanmar of my friends...

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...