samedi 2 juillet 2022

THE MOVEABLE. FEAST. PARIS I THINK OF YOU OFTEN AND THE OTHER MOVEABLE FEAST, I HOLD YOU CLOSE

This is one of the best known quotes about Paris in the English Language and the idea of a moveable feast entered the language.

Currently the moveable feast in my life is Havana, Cuba

There are cities that I absolutely loved living in.

Melbourne, Australia

London, England 

Miami. Florida (sorry I do not love you any more like I used to)

and of course PARIS..

Tomorrow I look forward to drive the 150 km on the highway with a chilled bottle of wine from France ..

Shall I take a bottle of champagne to celebrate this reunion ?

My good friend, Dr M and his gracious wife G, has a good selection of wines but as becomes of Francophiles, it is nice to start the evening off with Champers with Samosas ( Mrs G is South African).. before repairing to the outdoor eating at the Souvlaki Greek Restaurant (memories of my younger days learning to become a Foodie in that great city for food, Melbourne)

and of course plenty of conversations to share ..

including our dear Paris 

and our dear France..

It took me a long time to fall in love with France..

So what France teaches us is that , do not fall in love with someone when you first meet them ..

I will also be taking another golden drop from France ..



Salut 

Bon Apetite ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...