samedi 8 février 2020

THERE ARE MANY FORMS OF SPIRITUAL HEALING AND IN JAPAN FOREST HEALING IS POPULAR

The first ever indigenous group that I worked with was a traditional group of American Indians who lived in their own little territory deep inside the USA.
I was completely naive about the cultural aspects of health care. Even in 2020, there are doctors who ask: what has culture to do with Health Care?
As I had not much to do after the clinic closed, I would wander into the homes of the people, where I was warmly received.
One of my earliest teachers was a well respected lady who taught me many things about nature and its ability to heal ones emotional, psychological and spiritual as well s physical dysfunctions.
One day after a fresh snow fall, as I entered her house, she asked me: Did you thank for the nice new snow fall? My western oriented education of man being superior to nature began to melt away during my stay with the tribe. 
At another time, she advised me to go and hug a tree when I am in any sort of confusion or hurt or any matter of un- wellness.

awkwardly i went out of her cottage and hugged a tree in the yard, and when I entered back to the cottage she also reminded me to listen to the trees as they do communicate with you. I have heard the connection one has with trees from many other tribes, and my friends in the Ticuna Tribe along the Amazon always wish me: May the spirit of the Forest go with you.
Many years later when I lost a colleague in an accident, one of the elders of another tribe advised me to take his favourite food and go in the shadow of the tree and release his spirit so that he can begin his journey.
While reading through the BBC information today, I was happy to read about the Forest Healing which has become very popular in Japan and also in many other countries 
Just having arrived in Miami, after a peaceful time in Cuba, one is made aware of how fragmented the life is in the Western world where there is no room made available for spiritual aspects of Healing..
I am fortunate to be working with Indigenous peoples of North America who have a healthy respect for what surrounds them. As a young Indians said to me: Listen carefully, doctor, you can hear the trees talking to you ..

Did I not hear that some years ago, somewhere else, from one of the earliest indigenous teachers I have been fortunate enough to have..


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...