lundi 3 février 2020

CONTENT IN HAVANA . FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY 2020

I had a trip planned to South East Asia, and anyone who has read the News would admit that this is not the time for frivolous travel to the East. I was able to cancel my flight and then i headed south to Cuba.
This morning my good friend MYC from KL had sent me an article from the Davos Economic Forum about the Rabbit Effect, something that had been known for a long time. In this quantitative world that we live in, where the belief in proof is taken as truth, it was refreshing to read the author emphasizing the need for a greater social context for Health and a better understanding of What exactly is HEALTH.. Long ago we had understood that Health is not absence of Disease, but a wholistic well being including your standing in the society and how well you are treated by people around you.
Since the buddhist Tibetan monk appeared at the breakfast at Bristows Bungalow on October 5th, after close encounters with emotions from Iran, there has been subtle changes in my life, as if I am climbing up some steps. I will never forget what the American Indians have taught me : Be humble, Be Grateful and be compassionate.. all of which sound very Buddhist anyway..

I have decided that I would just let things happen here in Havana rather than plan my days and activities. Long walks but mindful walks along the Malecon and an open door for friends to drop by.
I am happy that my Cuban sister helps me in this quasi euphoric attitude in that there is always food, there is always wine and the Internet is on... all of these are not small feats in Cuba.. thank you 

Days have been pleasant with no stress whatsoever, Lots of medical consultations and some psychological counselling on line from around the world, chats with friends who dropped by.
In Cuba, one appreciates the genuine friendships,, the value of the sincerity of ones friends .. nothing expected but only genuine desire to be with each other..


I had a lovely Sunday.. the malecon drenched by furious waves following the thunderstorms, a lovely conversation with a new friend from the Alps, an effervescence of Tatarstan.. no memories but pleasant sense of living..
afer all I am in Havana Cuba..


What unexpected pleasures are waiting on this Monday?

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...