samedi 25 novembre 2017

INDIAN CHEFS AND OWNER FROM THE INTERIOR: EL CIELO RESTAURANT IN LETICIA, COLOMBIAN AMAZONIA

INDIAN CHEFS AND OWNER FROM THE INTERIOR: EL CIELO RESTAURANT IN LETICIA, COLOMBIAN AMAZONIA

I had discovered El Cielo, the Amazonian fusion resto, during my first visit to Leticia, and had eaten there on my subsequent visits. It was the brainchild of a new age traveler, who with his Brasilian/Indian mestizo manager had managed to create an Amazonian Fusion Cuisine that you will not find anywhere along the Amazon. Two young Indian women had been taught the art and I enjoyed saying hello to them on each of my previous visits.
Menu at El Cielo remain unchanged. On this visit, I was informed that El Cielo had relocated. I took a Moto to their new site, the décor and the welcoming music was no longer the New Age Amazonia that reflected the owner/manager that I knew but that of someone from the Interior. (San Augustin to be exact).
The two young Indian chefs were still there. One chirped: I have not seen you in a while and gave me a big lovely smile.
The food was adventurous but delicious. Normally I would start the dinner with a Caipirinha but the weather being so hot, fans cooled the new location, and the local brew POKER seemed appropriate.
Before leaving I had picture taken of the Indian chefs with me and I asked them, what would you prepare for me, the next time?
A feast of Amazonian “seafood”/mariscos, they chirped.

I look forward to that ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...