mercredi 13 février 2013

IT IS WITH THE HEART THAT ONE SEES


Long before these sentiments became known through the words of St Exupery, the sentiments had been known to the Indians.
On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.
Antoine de SAINT-EXUPÉRY, Le Petit Prince, XXI
We see well only with the heart.


"I wanted to feel, smell, hear and see, but not see with my eyes and my mind only. I wanted to see with CANTE ISTA - the eye of the heart."

-- Lame Deer, LAKOTA

Why is it that some people seem to have peace of mind every day? How do some people remain so darn positive? How do you stay positive if you work or live in a negative environment? How is it that two people can observe the same difficult situation, but one person is upset about it, and other isn't? Two people experiencing the same situation react entirely different. If each morning we ask the Creator to allow us to see with His understanding and with His love, we will open a new way of "seeing". This eye of the heart is a free gift givento us if we ask for it in prayer each day.

Grandfather, allow me to see the world and all things You have made through "the eye of my heart.”

Imagine my contentment when I received this message from across the Pond.
"The Spiritual Leader would be doing a ceremony for Health and Journeys for you, but they would be two ceremonies, since you belong to the Thunder Spirits and the other, Api Pes Ko nea, belong to the wildberry Spirits."

I cannot begin to tell you how elated I felt when I heard it. Under the shadows of Sierra Madre Oriental, a Medicine Man will render prayers to the Spirits in a language and ceremonies which has been handed down by the generations..

Thank You.. Grateful for the connection to these ancient people.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...