dimanche 11 août 2024

IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH PARIS

 FIRST IN PORTUGUES AND THEN ENGLISH

Demorei um pouco para me apaixonar por Paris. Quando a visitei pela primeira vez enquanto estudava medicina em Londres, não senti nenhuma atração especial. Mas tudo começou a mudar à medida que comecei a viajar para Paris, a cidade da luz e do amor, com mais frequência. Foi só depois de muitas visitas que eu finalmente pude dizer: "Eu te amo, Paris."

Assistindo às cerimônias de abertura e encerramento dos Jogos Olímpicos de Paris 2024, senti uma conexão profunda—uma emoção especial reservada em meu coração para certos lugares deste planeta.

Anos atrás, conheci um estudante que queria discutir a filosofia de Gilles Deleuze e o conceito do grotesco em Pantagruel, de Rabelais. Fiquei fascinado! Já visitei a França três vezes em 2024 e fiz questão de sair antes que a loucura olímpica começasse.

Não assisti a nenhum esporte durante as Olimpíadas, apenas as cerimônias de abertura e encerramento. Foi maravilhoso ver as ruas de Paris, que conheço tão bem, se desenrolando diante de mim na tela.

Sempre estarei esperando por você em Paris:

  • Pont Neuf
  • Pont des Amants
  • La Closerie des Lilas

Claro, eu convidaria meu querido amigo Carlos, com seu terno de linho, óculos Ray-Ban, chapéu Panamá e sua "moça brasileira."

Lembre-se, nós sempre teremos Paris.


It took me a while to fall in love with Paris. When I first visited while studying medicine in London, I didn’t feel any special attraction. But everything began to change as I started traveling to Paris, the city of light and love, more regularly. It was only after many visits that I could finally say, "I love you, Paris."


Watching the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2024 Paris Olympics, I felt a deep connection—a special emotion reserved in my heart for certain places on this planet.


Years ago, I met a student who wanted to discuss Gilles Deleuze's philosophy and the concept of the grotesque in Rabelais’ Pantagruel. I was hooked! I’ve already visited France three times in 2024 and made sure to leave before the Olympic frenzy began.


I didn’t watch any sports during the Olympics, only the opening and closing ceremonies. It was wonderful to see the streets of Paris, which I know so well, unfolding before me on the screen.


I will always be waiting for you in Paris:


Pont Neuf

Pont des Amants

La Closerie des Lilas

Of course, I’d invite my dear friend Carlos with his linen suit, Ray-Ban sunglasses, Panama hat, and his "moça brasileira."


Remember, we will always have Paris.













featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...