mercredi 1 novembre 2023

IT IS WITH THE HEART ONE SEES , HOW DO CHILDREN THINK RUMI'S WORDS

CHILDREN ARE THE BEST POETS, IT IS WE WHO DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM 

Many years ago, along the wild coast of Brittany in France, I met a little poet who was only 3 years of age. I paid attention to what the little girl was saying and I could find strains of Pablo Neruda of Chile and Mirelleis of Brasil .The next encounter was a few years later and I was dumbfounded how in that very short period of time, the little poet had become more poetic and more philosophical. Around this time I was delving into Persian literature and I was stunned by the similarity of the 7 year of little poet of Wild coast and our beloved Molana.

I give you two instances.

After our meeting, I felt a little sad to leave France as I had to attend medical projects. Why are you sad, asked the little poet, I am sad because when I leave I will miss you. To my surprise, she answered, I will not miss you. I was disappointed at this answer, then she added, how can I miss you when you are always in my heart.

Later I came across this poem by our beloved Molana

“Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.”

This rhymes well with the Buddhist concept of Structural defects of the mind, where attachment to someone, something or some place truly lights the fires of destruction in my minds and our hearts.

We were at the house of an older couple who were shouting at each other something very silly or simple, I do not remember. As we went out for a walk, the little poet said: Do they not know that shouting does not make you heart, you only loose your voice. I paid attention to her words and every one who is fond of Molana know this poem 

“Raise your words not your voice; It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”








featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...