vendredi 12 août 2016

DS AND COCHIN HERALD: SHE HAS JOURNALISM IN HER BLOOD

DS SHE HAS JOURNALISM IN HER BLOOD
The sweet part of my short visit to Cochin in August 2016 was the reunion with DS, who is in charge of Corporate Relations at Cochin Herald. Cochin Herald was founded in 1992 by the late Dr. Sheikh Ahmed Asharaf whose son, Ansif is the dynamo behind this impressive network, a Muslim with Hyderabad lineage going back to the Middle East. The young CEO appeared to be of an intellectual bent, full of energy.
She wanted me to come and meet the CEO and the Manager, with a possibility of a future collaboration. How best to describe this sweet youth, I am sure she has inspired poets to the path of sonnets. Her presence alone exudes sweetness. She is intelligent, evident from conversations with her. Clever as well, since she was the one who designed my very popular visiting cards with Cochin motifs. She is full of energy, ready to embrace the challenges ahead of her that face this Tamil woman of Kerala of 21st century. She is well suited to her current position with a chance to internationalize her talent, to open it to a wider world.
From a selfish point of view, I enjoy her presence as I have in the past. I look forward to a dinner at Nawras or to a special Tamil meal prepared by her. If allowed, she would produce excellent journalistic pieces from Malaysia or Oman, for example, two countries whose hidden characteristics deserve to be better known to the general public. As the CEO said: she has journalism in her blood!

It was just delightful to see her after an absence of one year!
I wish her well

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...