mercredi 6 avril 2016

PESACH CAME A LITTLE EARLY THIS YEAR.... MIAMI FRIENDSHIP AND CONTENTMENT

When I left the Old Lisbon Restaurant in Coral Way in Miami today, I felt such a contentment. I was with my good friends M and W and their good friends M and S.
First of all, the food at the restaurant was extraordinarily good. 
My good friend M, a reliable foodie, had recommended

Caldeirada de Peixes e Mariscos

Seafood combination of Clams, Mussels, Shrimp, Squid and Fish Stew served with Steamed Potatoes

and I was not disappointed and savoured every morsel of it, letting it slip through the gullet on its delicious journey. The wine was a Sauvignon Blanc from Chile.
Better yet was the company, we are old friends having known each other from our medical student days.
Conversation turned to Pesach and Seder. I had spent my last seder with M and W at their home but they would be at sea on a cruise this time. M and S have a busy schedule so that they are afraid they might not be able to prepare a proper seder in time..and I might be on a flight to Buenos Aires (no shortage of Seder there!) to meet a good Cuban friend of mine!
So I thought to my self: I will consider this to be my seder for this year..In the last few years I have celebrated seder at Miami, Brussels or Paris...
and it was nice to think of some good people I had spent seder with and say a silent kaddish for them:
Cecil H London, Joel and Irena G Miami and Ian B Corpus Christi.
While our dinner was in no way justifiable as Jewish, it was delicious and I highly recommend it




 La Shanah Haba a b Yerushalayim...

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...